On November 30, 1961 twenty-five Christians gathered at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Alton Raines to discuss organizing a new church. A second meeting was held on December 13, 1961 at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Alton Holloman with twenty-eight present.
The new congregation began having Sunday school and worship services December 17, 1961 at Brinkley Williford Funeral Home. The church was officially organized as Ahoskie Original Free Will Baptist Church on January 3, 1962. The Bible was presented as the divine inspired Word of God and the only rule of faith and practice. The church covenant as set forth in the 1883 edition of The Treatise of the Practices of Free Will Baptists was adopted. On February 20, 1962 the ladies organized the Woman’s Axillary with seventeen members present. The purpose was to promote missions.
In March 1962 the property on the corner of Kiwanis and Everett Streets was purchased, and the first building was bricked in 1968. The parsonage was purchased in October 1968. A new sanctuary was completed in October 1972.
In 1973 the church began a kindergarten program and expanded the ministry in May 1975 to include a Daycare Center. Ahoskie Christian School began operation in 1981 with sixty-three students. In 2008 the church completed construction of the gym and high school classrooms.